The authenticated setup would register directly to the hosted servers. It is based on a user name, password and domain that we provide and is entered into the PBX. As long as the authentication information is correct, it doesn't matter what IP address the customer is coming from.
Once you're logged into the Ipitomy, click on Providers > SIP Providers along the left menu. Then click on the Add Provider button along the top:
That'll bring up the following screen:
- Name: type in a name for the trunk.
- User Type: set to friend.
- DTMF mode: set to rfc2833.
- Host: enter the hosted server that the auth trunk was built on, lavth.vintalk.com or nyvth.vintalk.com.
- Register: select the Custom button. Once that has been selected, an open text box will appear below. Type in the following string: register => [user]@[domain]:[password]@[hosted server]
- User: the user in the domain that was created.
- Domain: name of the domain that was created. Make sure to pay attention to case.
- Password: password for the user device. Found under Connections > User Devices.
- Hosted Server: the address of the hosted server the auth trunk was built on.
- Authentication: select Yes.
- Auth User: select Custom, then type in the user in the field provided.
- From User: select Custom, then type in the user in the field provided.
- From Domain: select Custom, then type the domain name in the field provided.
- Realm: Select Custom, then type the domain name in the field provided.
- Outbound Proxy: select Enabled, then type in the address of the hosted server that the trunk has been built on.
- Username: type the user in the field provided.
- Secret: type in the password for the device found under Connections > User Devices.
The other options would need to be filled out based on the customer preference and needs.
Below is a sample of the welcome letter that you would get for this type of connection:
Welcome to the Vintalk family and thank you for choosing the Vintalk SIP Trunking Solution. As your new SIP Trunking provider, it's our goal to make your customer experience above and beyond exceptional. If you require test and turn-up support, please contact us at least 48 hours prior to installation.
Your service has been activated; please point your PBX to lavth.vintalk.com.
NOTE: Unless otherwise coordinated with Vintalk, billing for this account will commence within 48 hours.
The following Direct Inward Dialing (DID) number(s) assigned and configured to your account are:
Authenticated account information is listed below:
 User 1 Information:
- User ID/Auth ID: 1005
- Password/Auth Key: 2be09667
- Domain/Realm: Vintalk
Outbound Proxy: lavth.vintalk.com.
Vintalk sends calls using the 1+ numbering format and expects to receive calls using the 1+, 011+, 911, 611 and 411 numbering formats.
The following phone numbers and addresses have been assigned for you e911. If this information is incorrect, it is your responsibility to notify Vintalk as soon as possible. It is recommended you send ONLY one number for each address. If the 911 address is not provided and an emergency call is made, Vintalk reserves the right to charge $100 for each 911 call made.
9707 Waples St Ste 201
San Diego, CA 92121
We encourage our customers to test 911 services once it is properly configured. Testing of 911 services can be done by simply dialing 933. An automated attendant will respond with the caller ID and its applicable address on file for 911 services.
It is your responsibility to notify Vintalk of any incorrect information.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866.883.9777.
Vintalk Service Delivery